Immunity Boosting Fruits Rich in Vitamin C | Boost Immunity Naturally | Immune-Boosting Foods | Immunity Boosting Foods | Immunity Boosting Fruits
Fruits are beautiful Gifts of God. They are naturally sweet and bring a lot of joy to people who love eating them. Some fruits are considered explicitly as immunity boosters. Their unique properties and nutritional value make them special. A study published in the European Journal of Clinal Pharmacology, Vitamin C consumption is directly linked to prevention and treatment for upper respiratory tract infection (Vorilhon et al., 2019).
Guava is an Immunity Boosting Fruit
The first fruit on my list for immunity-boosting fruits is Guava. Guava is a fruit that is rich in Vitamin C and can help boost immunity. The humble Guava is known to fight many diseases naturally. Even the leaves of Guava are said to have several medicinal properties (Biswas et al., 2013). Guava fruit is known to provide relief from cough and cold. The fruit also prevents bacterial activity in the throat.
You can buy a Guava plant from a local plant nursery, and these days, the dwarf varieties work very well. The Guava plant gives fruit twice a year, a larger harvest in summers and a smaller one in early spring.
Mandarin Oranges is an Immunity Boosting Fruit
The high amount of Vitamin C in the Mandarin Oranges helps in strengthening one’s immune system. The plant needs plenty of water, sunshine, and loosening of the soil, especially around flowering. These grow very well, even in containers or pots. Take care not to harvest the fruit prematurely because they can be unbearably sour. Wait for the fruits to turn completely orange, and they will taste sweeter.
Lemon is an Immunity Boosting Fruit
Lemons are an excellent source of Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that improves one’s immune system’s strength. The plant can be grown from seed, but I recommend sourcing a dwarf variety from a local plant nursery. The limes and lemons can also help in detoxifying your body. Lemons are also known to relieve congestion and shorten the duration of symptoms of cold and cough.
Pomegranate is an Immunity Boosting Fruit
The final immunity-boosting fruit with unique properties is pomegranate. The fruit is beneficial for those suffering from immune-related and even arthritis, Type-2 Diabetes, etc. (Cooper & Ma, 2017). The fruit is also very good for one’s gut health.
Here’s a Tip: Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on your curd rice (a popular south Indian dish), and you will want to eat it every day! Do check out our Curd Rice Recipe under Healthy Recipes.
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Immunity Boosting Fruits Rich in Vitamin C
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- Immunity Boosting Vegetables Rich in Vitamin C
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- How to Grow Lots of Ginger in Containers at Home | How to Grow Ginger at Home
- Plant Art: How to Make a Terrarium?
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- 5 Air Purifying Indoor Plants Must Have for Your Home
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe