There is no denying that children tend to behave in ways that may not please adults. But they are children, Afterall. As adults, we should be able to differentiate between normal and abnormal behaviors. Our children need to learn to be assertive and not aggressive. Working with angry, aggressive, irritable, and quarrelsome children can be challenging for parents, guardians, and teachers. Homes can get devoid of peace and happiness if the child (generally the focus of attention) is constantly angry and has issues concentrating. Parents can feel frustrated when all their efforts to see the child happy start failing.
My work and experience in the field of Gardening with Kids have revealed some interesting things to me. I have also been able to verify my ideas and suggestions through peer-reviewed and reliable research. You will learn about the best ways to improve kids’ concentration levels and reduce anger levels and the suitable plants for placement in kids’ bedrooms or near study desks.
How are plants able to reduce aggression and improve concentration levels of kids?
While the focus of this article is on kids, most of the ideas work very well for adults as well. Studies show that tasks that are performed around plants are performed better and with greater accuracy. Keeping ornamental plants can help improve memory, mental cognition, and performance. How are plants able to do this?
- Plants release phytoncides that are airborne chemicals to protect them from insects. When we breathe in a room that has plants in it, we also breathe in the phytoncides. These phytoncides have antibacterial and antifungal qualities that help fight disease. Of course, the level of phytoncides is much higher outdoors.
- Plants, mainly with broad leaves, help regulate humidity and produce a scent that helps you relax. They also remove toxins from the air. When one no longer has dry eyes or headaches or gets relief from severe ailments like Asthma, one is likely to feel better.
- Soil contains microbes called “outdoorphins,” which work as natural antidepressants. It boosts your mood by releasing cytokines which then leads your brain to produce more Serotonin. By being around Soil, these outdoorphins can help boost your mood.
- Plants are considered inexpensive and effective complementary medicine for surgical patients. Plants help in healing and recovery. There is a deep connection with nature that makes us feel good.
- Research says that people surrounded by plants are likely to be more friendly, playful, and affectionate.
- Tending to and caring for plants can provide physical exercise, which can also help overcome stress and mental fatigue and contribute to better physical health.
- Watering the flowering plants, trimming the branches, removing dead and dried parts, and loosening the Soil can positively affect the morale of the people.
- Growing plants gives a sense of freedom and independence to the kids. They are likely to understand the importance of nurturing, caring, and feeling responsible for the environment.
- A lot of stress and anger at home is because of the picky eating habits of kids. If you can engage kids in growing some vegetables, they are likely to eat them too. It will automatically bring calmness and positivity inside the home.
List of Plants to grow in the Kids room or Study Area
These are also the plants that you can keep near your work desk.
- Snake Plant: Grows even in a room without much natural light
- Christmas Cactus
- Boston Fern: See the humidity levels rising with this one
- Spider Plant
- Lucky Bamboo
- Philodendrons of all kinds
- Pothos / Money Plant
- ZZ Plant
- Chinese Evergreen
- Aloe Vera: Does not need much care and will have pups for mulitplication
- English Ivy
Plants that can grow without Soil
The kids can enjoy growing these plants in a bottle of water on their Desk or near their bed. They must try to change the water in the bottles at least once a week.
- Golden Pothos / Money Plant
- Purple Heart
- Rhoeo Plant
- English Ivy
It may be concluded that by increasing positive attitudes towards live plants, children can enhance aggression control. Caring for the live plants is likely to make the kids more empathetic and compassionate. Having plants near the windows of the kids’ room can also lessen the amount of noise. It can be beneficial if your home is located in a noisy area.
Here’s a Tip: Gardening is not an expensive affair if you start plants from cuttings. Try laying your hands on cuttings of pothos, Philodendron, Syngonium, etc., from your friends and neighbors.
More Gardening Tips for Plant Lovers…
- How to attract butterflies to your garden? | Butterfly Garden
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix
Some Healthy Recipes from Fresh Produce…
- Lettuce Salad Recipe | Super Quick and Healthy
- Easy Recipe for Phirni | How to make Amritsari Firni at home
- Masoor Dal Pancake Recipe / Masoor Dal Dosa Recipe
- Suji Toast / Rava Toast / Semoline and Vegetables Toast
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers