A diet full of a variety of vegetables is the best diet. Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. You can lower your risk of stroke, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and many other chronic diseases. But many times we are out of ideas to cook a lot of vegetables. This recipe is suitable for various vegetables like Brinjals, Zucchini, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Bell Peppers, Baby Corn. You can add a protein in the form of Cottage Cheese, Tofu, or Chicken. I am using Cottage cheese here.
Ingredients for making the Best Grilled Vegetables
Please note that the quantities mentioned here will be sufficient for 4 adults
- 4 medium-sized potatoes-boiled with skill on
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper Cut into Cubes
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper Cut into Cubes
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Florets parboiled
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Zucchini cut into rounds
- 6-7 pieces of baby corn quickly taken out of hot water bath
- 1 cup white mushrooms / Button Mushrooms
- ½ Big Brinjal, Cut into Bigger Chunks
- 150gms of Cottage Cheese Cut into Big Chunky Cubes
For the Marinade
- 120 grams of Curd / Hung Curd if possible
- ½ tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala / MDH Tandoori Chicken Masala / Shahi Paneer Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Oil
- Juice of one whole Lemon
Directions for making the best-grilled vegetables
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a big bowl, and then add all the vegetables.
- Give it all a mix. I usually do that with my hands because I can ensure all vegetables get evenly coated with the marinade and the cottage cheese doesn’t break.
- Keep this bowl covered overnight in the fridge or at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Use any grilled Pan, Electric Tandoor, or a Barbeque to Grill these vegetables.
- Use a pair of tongs to ensure the vegetables are cooked and charred.
- Finish with some chat masala or a dash of fresh lime juice.
Here’s a tip: If your vegetables tend to stick to the bottom of the grilling pan or barbeque, stick a fork into an onion and rub it over a hot grill.