The book Ikigai talks about the diet of the longest-living people in Okinawa. The easiest way to check if there is enough variety on your table is to make sure you’re “Eating the Rainbow.” The dish here is an attempt to introduce that rainbow in your diet. As always, my recipes are effortless and no-fuss. They are fit for a bachelor’s or a very busy working mother’s kitchen too.
Ingredients for making Mix Veg
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes – large diced
- 1 Green Capsicum small cut into cubes
- 1 Yellow Capsicum small cut into cubes
- 1 Red Capsicum small cut into cubes
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 8-10 French Beans cut into equal-sized pieces
- 1 Carrot – large diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed
- 10gms of ginger finely chopped or crushed
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- A pinch of turmeric
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of garam masala (optional)
- 1 Green chilly deseeded finely chopped or slit
- A tablespoon of mustard oil
- 150gms of Tofu or Cottage Cheese / Paneer cut into cubes
Directions for making Mix Veg
- Heat a wok and add mustard oil. Let the oil heat up and add the large diced potatoes. Stir occasionally while cooking
- Add ginger, garlic, and finely chopped onions after the potatoes have softened a bit.
- Add the large diced carrot and add a little bit of salt. Also, add the turmeric, garam masala, and a little bit of water at this stage to deglaze the pan.
- Add the cauliflower and cover the wok if you think the hard vegetables have not softened up.
- Uncover and add the finely chopped tomatoes. Cook them nicely for a minute
- Add French Beans, and then add the capsicums after the French beans have cooked a little bit. Please do not cover the wok at this stage because the vegetables will lose their naturally vibrant colors. Make sure you sauté at a high flame.
- Finally, add the Tofu or Cottage Cheese / Paneer to the wok and cook everything at a high flame.
- Taste for salt and add some if you feel the need. I generally add the green chilly at this stage because I like green chilies’ fresh and raw flavor. You can add it whenever you feel comfortable. Serve hot with roti or rice. But I like having it on its own.
Here’s a Tip: You can add ginger, garlic paste, and frozen mixed vegetables if you do not have access to the fresh ones. You can also add Baby Corn, Mushrooms, and Broccoli to the dish.
More Healthy Recipes…
- Lettuce Salad Recipe | Super Quick and Healthy
- Easy Recipe for Phirni | How to make Amritsari Firni at home
- Masoor Dal Pancake Recipe / Masoor Dal Dosa Recipe
- Suji Toast / Rava Toast / Semoline and Vegetables Toast
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers
Learn Easy to Grow Herbs…
- How to Grow Lots of Ginger in Containers at Home | How to Grow Ginger at Home
- How to Grow Curry Leaf Plant from Cuttings and Seeds
- How to Grow Mint at Home?
- How to Grow Tomatoes at Home?
More Gardening Tips for Plant Lovers…
- How to attract butterflies to your garden? | Butterfly Garden
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix