Lime Marmalade Jam Recipe with No Pectin or Preservatives | Lime Marmalade Recipe
A three-ingredient healthy substitute for store-bought Jam!.
Did you know? Consuming Lime helps lower Blood sugar levels and reduces inflammation.
Ingredients for Lime Marmalade Recipe | Lime Jam Recipe
- Lime – 2 kg
- Water – 10 cups
- Sugar-based on the measurement of the Lime Mixture after cooking it.
Directions for Making “Lime Marmalade Recipe” | “Lime Jam Recipe”
- Thoroughly wash and dry your limes to remove any dirt.
- Slice the limes as thinly as possible (You could do this by hand or with a food processor). Make sure you keep deseeding them side-by-side too.
- Put all the Lime slices in a deep bowl and cover the bowl with a cling film. Put this in the fridge for 10-12 hours. Keeping it in the refrigerator will help infuse all the lime flavors.
- Please take out your sliced limes and put them in a deep pot 🥘 along with all the juices.
- Add 10 cups of water to these lime slices and cook on a medium flame for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If your limes are store-bought, you might have to cover the pot because their skin will be harder.
- Once the lime skin has softened, turn off the flame, and let the mixture cool down slightly.
- Measure this mixture and then measure an equal amount of sugar.
- Put the lime mix back on flame.
- Heat the sugar in a flat tray in the Microwave by stirring it in between. This heated sugar will dissolve faster in the lime mixture.
- Turn off the heat under the Lime Mixture and add all of the sugar. Stir continuously and do not turn on the heat until all of the sugar has been dissolved.
- Turn on the heat and boil the mixture rapidly on high flame. Please avoid stirring too much now – Cook for 20 minutes or more.
- If your mixture has thickened and the quantity has reduced, it is time to test it.
- Turn off the heat and let the bubbles settle.
- Keep an empty saucer in the freezer for five minutes.
- Take the saucer out and pour some Marmalade on the saucer.
- Keep this saucer back in the freezer for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, take the saucer out and check- if the marmalade is falling off the plate or beginning to drip, it means that it is not ready. But if it stays there, it means that it has set and can be allowed to cool down further before putting into a sterilised Mason Jar.
Here’s a Tip: Serve Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam on Toast. You will never feel the need to purchase Jam from a store.
Play the Video: Lime Marmalade Recipe | Lime Jam Recipe
More Healthy Recipes for your Loved Ones…
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers