Moringa leaves have 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas. It is packed with antioxidants to protect our body cells from damage. Apart from the beautiful aroma, the curry leaves also have a lot of health benefits. Curry leaves are good for diabetes, eyesight, reduce stress, and are excellent for weight loss. Coconut offers health benefits like improved heart health, weight loss, and digestion. What if I tell you that I have a recipe that includes all three of them?
Ingredients for making Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney
- 20-30 Moringa Leaves 2 table spoon of Moringa Powder
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Fresh Coconut
- 1 Green Chilly
- One teaspoon mustard seeds
- One teaspoon coconut oil or mustard oil
- Half small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 grams of ginger
- 1 Table Spoon Roasted Chana Dal
- Juice of one Lemon or Pulp of half-raw mango
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery as per taste
Directions for making Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney
- Blend the coconuts bits or grated Coconut, onion, ginger, garlic, washed moringa leaves, half curry leaves, roasted chana dal, salt, jaggery, and lemon juice.
- Prepare the tempering by heating a pan with some coconut or mustard oil, add mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle. Add the rest of the curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- Add this tempering to the blended ingredients from point 1. Blend again or leave it as it is.
- Taste for a balance between sourness, sweetness, Spice, and Saltiness. Add as per your liking.
- Serve this chutney with Idly, Dosa, Uthappam, Parathas, or even nicely toasted whole wheat bread.
Here’s a Tip: If you struggle to extract the fresh Coconut. Break open the Coconut and leave it in the freezer overnight with its shell. The following day, soak the frozen shells with Coconut in them in Luke warm water. You will be able to extract the Coconut out in big chunks very easily.
More Healthy Recipes…
- Easy Recipe for Phirni | How to make Amritsari Firni at home
- Masoor Dal Pancake Recipe / Masoor Dal Dosa Recipe
- Suji Toast / Rava Toast / Semoline and Vegetables Toast
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers
Gardening Tips for Beginners…
- How to attract butterflies to your garden? | Butterfly Garden
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix