Fresh Winter Greens Salad Recipe – A Definite Crowd Pleaser
Winter Greens taste the best when eaten in the form of a salad. This salad has some warm elements to add texture and novelty. Dig in with your family and friends, and they will keep asking for more.
Ingredients for the Winter Greens Salad
- Lettuce (Romaine / Leaf/ Ice berg) – around 1 cup broken into bite sized
- Baby Spinach -around ½ cup
- Rocket Leaves – ½ cup
- Cucumber – 1 medium sized- thinly sliced
- Carrots – 1 medium sized thinly slides
- Red Bell Pepper – ¼ cup thinly sliced
- Yellow Bell Pepper- 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- Cherry Tomatoes – 100gms
- Oranges or Clementine 4-5 segments
The Warm Ingredients
- Brinjal (Egg Plant preferably the big one) – thinly sliced rounds ½ cup
- Lotus Stem – Thinly sliced – ½ cup
- Nuts of any kind for additional crunch (Walnuts / Pistachios / Pine Nuts or Almonds)
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
- Honey / Lime Marmalade
- Juice of 2 full Lemons
- Black Pepper crushed at least 3-4 corns
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame Oil / Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- Dried pineapple finely chopped
Directions to Prepare Winter Greens Salad
- Pan fry the Brinjal rounds on a flat pan until they get a little char on them
- Pan Fry the Lotus stems on a flat pan until they are crisp and golden brown
- Dry roast nuts of your choice
- Whisk all ingredients of the Salad Dressing in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a separate large bowl add the lettuce and all other vegetables, except the warm ingredients.
- Add the salad dressing and toss all the ingredients in it.
- Pour the salad in a plate and spread the warm ingredients on top of the salad.
Here’s a Tip: You can replace the Egg plant with Charred and shredded Corn on the Cob.
Healthy Recipes for your Loved Ones.
More Gardening Tips
- Gardening Tips
- Grow Flowers
- Grow Fruits
- Grow Herbs
- Grow Plants
- Grow Vegetables
- Healthy Recipes
- Indoor Plants
- Plant Art
Trending Gardening Articles
- How to Grow Brinjal | EggPlant | Aubergine at Home?
- How to Grow Broccoli at Home?
- How to Grow Money Plant | Grow Golden Pothos | Grow Devil’s Ivy | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Grow Tomatoes at Home?
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix
- How to Grow Mint at Home?
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Grow Curry Leaf Plant from Cuttings and Seeds
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- 5 Air Purifying Indoor Plants Must Have for Your Home
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Plant Art: How to Make a Terrarium?
- How to Grow Lots of Ginger in Containers at Home | How to Grow Ginger at Home
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- Immunity Boosting Vegetables Rich in Vitamin C
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips