Jowar Khichdi Recipe
Friends knock on your door, but best friends walk into your house and start eating.
I have so many memories of eating leftover meals with my friends who would come unannounced. This Jowar khichdi is one such meal that reminds me of those times.
Jowar khichdi is one-pot dish. Jowar / Sorghum is a very healthy millet that takes time to cook and needs to be soaked overnight. It is a one-dish meal that helps provide Protein, Fiber, and Iron.
Ingredients for the Winter Greens Salad
- Jowar – 1 cup
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Moong Dal – ¼ cup
- Onion – Small finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 finely chopped
- Beans – 8-10 finely chopped
- Capsicum – ½ finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Green Chilly – to taste
- Hing – a pinch
Method for preparing Jowar Khichdi
Rinse Jowar well and soak it overnight. Next morning, pressure cook it for at least 5-6 whistles or cook it in a pot for 45 minutes. You have to cook it till it’s soft. Drain the excess water and keep it aside. Cook moong dal in a pan until it is tender.
Heat a wok with oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilly, and hing. Make sure the mustard seeds crackle before you add anything else. Add carrots, beans, and capsicum, or any other vegetables you like to this tempering, and then add the jowar as well as moong dal to the tadka. Add salt and cook for some more time. You can add desiccated coconut at this stage and garnish it with coriander.
More Gardening Tips
Trending Gardening Articles
- Lettuce Salad Recipe | Super Quick and Healthy
- Easy Recipe for Phirni | How to make Amritsari Firni at home
- Masoor Dal Pancake Recipe / Masoor Dal Dosa Recipe
- How to attract butterflies to your garden?
- Suji Toast / Rava Toast / Semoline and Vegetables Toast
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Winter Green Salad Recipe