It can be hard to think of a new dish to carry in your lunch box or to pack in your child’s lunch box. Here’s a recipe for a perfect tiffin snack. The recipe is easy and, more importantly, has all the elements required to become a wholesome meal. It has carbohydrates in bread, Protein, and folate from Semolina, and vegetables are rich in Potassium, dietary fiber, and loads of other nutrients. The recipe takes 15-20 minutes from preparation to cooking. Please feel free to add or skip the vegetables of your choice.
The recipe works well even for toddlers and fussy eaters!
- ¼ cup semolina (rava /sooji)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoon curd
- Green Chilly Finely chopped (to Taste)
- Salt to Taste
- 4 Brown bread slices / Multigrain bread slices / White Bread Slices
- Oil / Butter for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. This is the topping. Please keep it aside.
- Place all the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the topping on top of these slices.
- Heat a non-stick Tava / Griddle and grease it with a bit of oil/butter. Place the 2 open toasts on the Tava with the topping side facing downwards and cook it on a medium flame using little oil. The topping must turn golden brown.
- Turnover and cook the other side of the bread, which doesn’t have the topping. It must turn golden brown as well. Cook the other toasts as well.
- Serve the toast immediately.
Here’s a Tip: If you want to pack these Rava toasts in a tiffin, let these cool thoroughly before you pack them because this will prevent them from turning soggy. You can add variations by adding mushroom, paneer, or cheese to this open toast.
More Healthy Recipes…
- Easy Recipe for Phirni | How to make Amritsari Firni at home
- Masoor Dal Pancake Recipe / Masoor Dal Dosa Recipe
- Suji Toast / Rava Toast / Semoline and Vegetables Toast
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers
Some Gardening Tips…
- How to attract butterflies to your garden?
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix