If you are looking for some hassle-free, healthy and tasty ideas, close your eyes and trust this recipe. The recipe is perfect for an evening with your friends or why wait for someone to come over, you could pamper yourself too.
Ingredients for making Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes
- Brown bread / Multigrain bread / Wheat Bread
- Ripe Avocado
- Lotus stem
- Red Bell pepper
- Red onion
- Green chilly
- Salt to taste
Directions to Prepare Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes
- Take a ripe avocado, take its pulp out and mash it nicely.
- Add some finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies, salt, and lemon juice to it.
- Cut a slice of bread into four rough squares. Toast the bread squares on a flat pan on a medium flame. Be patient because you need it golden and crisp.
- Cut some slanting rounds of the thoroughly washed lotus stem or Kamal Kakdi and heat some oil in a pan. Cook the lotus stem rounds till they are golden and crisp.
- Take the toasted squares and scoop some of the mashed avocado toppings on them.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped red bell peppers, paprika powder, julienned red onion if you like, and finally, make the Lotus Stem stand up a bit. Garnish with some coriander.
Here’s a Tip: You could prep the avocado topping and crisp lotus stems in advance. Feel free to vary the toppings based on your taste and liking. I also add pumpkin seeds or Flax seeds at times.
More Healthy Recipes for your Loved Ones…
- One Pot Pav Bhaji | Special Twist for Fussy Eaters
- Bajra Khichdi |Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi | Easy Pearl Millet Recipe
- Moringa, Curry Leaf, and Coconut Chutney | Easy Moringa Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables | Easy Grilled Vegetables
- Suji Gur Ka Halwa | Low Calorie Sheera Recipe | Semolina Pudding
- Mix Veg Recipe | Quick and Easy Way to Eat a Rainbow
- Easy Mediterranean Orange Pomegranate Salad Recipe
- Avocado and Lotus Root Canapes Recipe
- Bitter Gourd Paratha Recipe
- Jowar Khichdi Recipe
- Winter Green Salad Recipe
- Quick Vegetables Stir Fry Recipe
- Curry Leaf Raita Recipe
- Recipe: Corn on the Cob with Spiced Butter
- Recipe: How to Make a Lime Marmalade | Lime Jam Recipe | Lime Marmalade Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe | Healthy Recipe 🍅 🥗
- Frio Mint – A Low Fat Mint Drink for Mint Lovers
Gardening Tips for Plant Lovers
- How to Improve Concentration Levels of Kids | Role of Plants in Anger Management | List of Plants to keep near your Desk
- How to Attract Birds to your Gardens and Balconies: List of Plants that Attract Birds
- Best Plants for Hanging Baskets
- How to Grow Kalanchoe Plant? Kalanchoe Plant Care Tips
- Gardening Tips for Beginners | Kitchen Gardening Tips
- How to Get Rid of Mealybugs on Plants? Mealybugs Treatment on Plants
- 5 Essential Gardening Tools for the Beginners
- Self Watering Pots | Self Watering Containers | Indoor Plant Care Tips
- How to Keep Garden Grass Green: Lawn Care Tips
- How to Use Cocopeat in Plants? | Coconut Coir Potting Mix